1. How can I apply to the Academy? Your parent and/or guardian can come to the Academy and ask for an application packet. There is a five dollar fee for the application packet.
2. Is there tuition? Yes, all families pay tuition.
3. Do the girls wear uniforms? Yes, all students wear uniforms to school.
4. Does Sisters Academy provide lunch? Yes. Sisters Academy provides lunch four days a week Monday-Thursday. Breakfast is served Monday through Friday. Dismissal on Friday is at 12:30pm.
5. Do I have to be Catholic to go to the Academy? No, Sisters Academy is a Catholic school however, you do not have to be Catholic to attend the Academy.
6. Is there busing? No, Sisters Academy does not provide transportation. Most of our students walk or car pool. Neptune students have busing provided.
7. Do I have to live in Asbury Park to attend Sisters Academy? No. Girls come from Asbury Park, Neptune, Long Branch, Bradley Beach and Brick to attend the Academy.
8. Is there an Entrance Exam? Yes. All applicants must take an entrance exam given at the Academy. This is part of the application process.
9. What is the length of the school year? Sisters Academy of New Jersey has a school year that runs from September through July. The fourth marking period for grades 5, 6 and 7 ends in July. Eighth grade students graduate in June and have three marking periods.
10. What time does school start and when do I get out? The Academy day begins at 7:45 am. Monday through Thursday dismissal is at 4:00pm. Every Friday dismissal is at 12:30pm. This enables the faculty to meet each week.