SISTERS ACADEMY at a glance...
- WHO WE ARE: Sisters Academy of New Jersey is an independent middle school for girls grades 5‑8
- LOCATION: The Academy is located on one acre of land on the west side of Asbury Park, New Jersey
- ENROLLMENT: There are sixty (60) girls in grades 5-8. Students receive individual attention in a highly disciplined learning environment
- CLASS SIZE: is no more than sixteen (16) students per grade
- FACULTY TO STUDENT RATIO: is approximately 1:8
- FACULTY: there are currently five full-time faculty; one principal; one full time Director of Social Services; three part-time teachers; one administrative assistant; three adjunct teachers and numerous professional volunteers.
- PERCENT OF FACULTY WITH ADVANCED DEGREES: over 50% of the faculty at the Academy possess a Master’s degree or beyond. All teachers hold educational certification.
- HIGH SCHOOL PLACEMENT: 100% of our students graduate from high school. Our students attend such competitive high schools as Red Bank Catholic High School Red Bank, NJ; St. Rose High School, Belmar, NJ; Trinity Hall High School, Leonardo, NJ; The Lawrenceville School, Lawrenceville, NJ; George School, Newtown, PA and Mercersburg Academy, Mercersburg, PA to name a few. Some students attend local public schools as well.
- CAMPUS: the Academy is located on one acre of land in the western section of Asbury Park. Students have access to an enclosed green area for recreation and a large raised garden where they can participate in gardening experiences growing vegetables, herbs and flowers and then harvesting them.
- ACCREDITATION: Sisters Academy of New Jersey is accredited by the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS) and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS). Both of these entities are non-governmental, non-profit, peer administered organizations of diverse educational institutions committed to the highest quality education for students. The Academy is also a Core Knowledge School and a member of the National Association of Girls’ Schools.
- CORE VALUES: of the Academy are Respect, Justice, Compassion, Integrity and Service.
- HEAD OF SCHOOL: Sister Mary Louise Miller, JD, Ph. D. is the Principal of the Academy.
- BOARD OF TRUSTEES: James Cashman; John Child; Eugene Garb; Linda Leasor; Penny McDaniel; Mary Louise Miller, RSM; Gerald Radke; Mary Beth Radke; Diane Szubrowski, RSM; Thomas Villane
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT: is a major component in the education of a young woman at the academy. Students are provided opportunities for service through volunteer work at Mercy Center of New Jersey and in various organizations in the community. Additionally, students return to the Academy during their high school and even college years to provide volunteer services to their Alma Mater.
For more information on Sisters Academy please contact:
Mary Louise Miller, RSM, Principal of Sisters Academy of New Jersey